Monday, April 23, 2012

Pictures And Brownies What A Perfect Day!

Hello all you glitzy ritzy dames! As you probley have noticed i have been lacking something very important in my posts... PICTURES!!!! haha I apologize for my lack of pictures.. long story short my cute but curious puppy thought my camera cord was a chew toy and she chewed through the wire ( i think she is half hamster).. luckily I am going today to get a new one! I'm so excited! i can't wait to post some ritzy fashion pictures that i have been dyeing to share with you, and i can finally have pictures to go along with my tutorials and i will also be able to have video as well! :)

So my last post without pictures is going to be my favorite brownie recipe of all times, everywhere i have taken these brownies i have had people coming up to me left and right telling me how delicious these brownies are, and whenever i have the good cocoa powder in the house my boyfriend begs me to make a batch. the are chewy and fudgy and so delicious. :) this recipe is a slightly revised version of the cocoa brownies with browned butter and walnuts at www.bonappetit.com, but little brother is extremely allergic to walnuts and most nuts in general accept for a few like almonds and cashews, so I altered the original recipe to make it safe for his allergies :)

Coconut browned butter brownies:

10 TBSP. unsalted butter but into cubes

1 1/4 cup. sugar

3/4 cup. all natural unsweetened cocoa powder ( non- alkali )

1 TSP. vanilla extract

2 large eggs. (chilled)

1/3 cup plus 1 TBSP. unbleached all purpose flour

1 cup. toasted coconut flakes ( I use bakers brand angel flakes)


Directions:

place rack in bottom third of the oven, and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line a 8x8x2 inch metal baking pan with parchment paper (NOT WAX) leaving a 2 inch overhang. with a paper towel lightly grease the parchment paper with vegetable oil. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often, cook until butter stops foaming and little brown bits start for form at the bottom of the pan ( about 5 minutes). in your mixer bowl have your sugar, cocoa powder, and 1/4 TSP. salt mixed together, turn the mixer on low and slowly add browned butter, then add 2 TSP. water and your 1 TSP. vanilla, stir on medium speed and allow to cool for about 5 minutes (batter will be very hot). add eggs one at a time to the hot mixture and beat on high speed after each addition. Once batter looks thick and shiny add your flour and carefully combine. beat on high speed for 1 minute, stir in toasted coconut, pour into baking pan. Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, with a few moist fudgy bits stuck ( about 25 minutes but check at 20 minute mark because thats when i take mine out) . cool in the pan on a cooling rack, use the over hand to lift out, cut into equal squares and enjoy the fudgy goodness!

Enjoy ladies! :) please post the results :)

3 comments:

  1. Both my husband and I would love these brownies! We're big fans of candy bars like Bounty and Almond Joy which pair chocolate with coconut, so I'll definitely have to take inspiration from this recipe and whip up a gluten-free (I have celiac disease) version for us the next time we're in the mood for coconut. Thanks so much for sharing this yummy recipe!

    Thank you too for your recent comment on my post about hair colouring. If you're not a fan of using chemicals, have you tried experimenting with henna? I've used it a few times over the years and was always impressed with how long the colour retained its vibrancy. I would say though that with henna the end result was sometimes darker and/or a bit different than the shade I was aiming for, but that may be because my natural colour is relatively light (mousy blonde-brown). On darker hair, I suspect it may deliver more predictable results.


    Thanks again & have a beautiful Tuesday,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i'm sorry to hear that sweetie :( i have a really great gluten-free brownie recipe in my folder somewhere, i'm going to dig that out for you :) hmmmmm henna i think im going to look into that :) do you know if it fades funny at all? :)

    thank you so much,
    TheRitzyFlapper (Alicia)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delish! I love brownies of all shapes and sizes and flavorings. Haha! Looking forward to the photos! I hope you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete